- A Mentor can Offer the Support You NeedDSU to offer Certified Nonprofit
Professional credentialThe best way to celebrate Pioneer Day in Trailblazer NationDSU Receives 2 Awards from Mexican ConsulateCongratulations, Dixie Award Winners!
Congratulations, Dixie Award Winners!
By Jyl Hall
May 9, 2018
As the 2017-18 academic year wrapped up, the annual Dixie Awards recognized the accomplishments of DSU students, faculty, and staff as well as community partners who have been extraordinary in their commitment to DSU.
Dixie Awards has been a traditional part of student life at Dixie State for decades. As a formal event patterned after the Academy Awards, this annual ceremony recognizes the best and brightest at Dixie State University and these awards are considered some of the most prestigious offered on our campus.
2018 Dixie Award winners include:
· Teacher of the Year: Lish Harris
· Teacher of the Year – Rising Star: Abu Khan
· Staff Member of the Year: Kim Seaich
· Staff Member of the Year – Rising Star: Jessica Davis
· Male Student of the Year: Brandon Simister
· Female Student of the Year: Hillary Beecher
· Club Advisor of the Year: Merrilee Webb
· Club of the Year: Pacific Islander Student Association
· Commitment to Diversity: Daneka Souberbielle
· Stafford Student Involvement Award: Stanley Rosander
· Entertainer of the Year: Olga Ivanenko
· Dixie Spirit: Daylor Youngblood
· Heart of Dixie: Brooke Garceau
· Business of the Year: Crystal Inn & Magleby’s, Alphagraphics, DSU Campus Store, Pizza Factory, and Printer Logic
To learn more about the Dixie Awards, visit dixieawards.dixie.edu.