Spring Career and Internship Fair Coming Soon
By Olivia Lee
January 18, 2019
Get ready! The Spring Career and Internship Fair is quickly approaching. This year Career Services is holding two fairs, Fall and Spring, to give more opportunities for students to connect with potential employers. This semester, more than 37 companies from throughout the nation are coming to campus to search for interns and employees. Could you see yourself as the next investment intern at E*TRADE Financial or accounting intern at Hafen Buckner? How about a software developer at HealthEquity?
The fair will be held on Thursday, January 31 from 10 to 2 in the Gardner Center Ballroom. We highly encourage students to bring a resume and dress to impress. Companies may request an interview on site.
“The more prepared you are, the more likely you are to succeed,” said Shane Blocker, Assistant Career Services Director. To get help with your resume or cover letter or to practice your interviewing skills stop by the Career Lab Tuesday through Thursday from 1 to 4 pm or schedule an appointment with a Career Coach at dixie.joinhandshake.com or by calling 435.652.7737. There will also be a seminar, Resume Boot Camp, held on Wednesday, January 23, from 1 -2 pm in the Zion Room to help students prepare.
HOT TIP: Research the companies you want to work for before you attend!
Companies attending the Career & Internship Fair include:
· Aptive Environmental
· Association for Utah Community Health
· Be Hot Yoga
· Caption Call
· City of St. George Police Department
· E*TRADE Financial
· Enterprise Holdings (Enterprise Rent-A-Car)
· Eureka Casino Resort
· Fiesta Fun Center
· Fluent Home
· Hafen Buckner
· HELP International
· Hughes General Contractors
· Intermountain Healthcare- Dixie Regional Medical Center
· International Language Programs
· Jones & DeMille Engineering
· Marine Corps
· Maximum Senior Benefits LLC
· Northwestern Mutual
· Proof Pest Control LLC
· Red Ventures
· Root for Kids
· Salt Lake City Army Recruiting Battalion
· Sequel Youth Services of Red Rock
· Southern Utah University
· Sunrise Residential Treatment Center
· The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints- Technical
· United States Census Bureau DARCC
· University of Utah
· Utah Behavior Services
· Utah Conservation Corps
· Utah State Tax Commission- Auditing Division
· Vantage Marketing
· Vivint Smart Home
· Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort
*More companies register everyday! A complete list may be found on Handshake.
For more information, visit Career Services on the 5th floor of the Holland Centennial Commons or call 435.652.7737.